Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

News Bunnies - Injuries and Suspensions

Discussion in 'South Sydney Rabbitohs' started by TerryG, May 28, 2013.

1. TerryG

TerryG Voider of Warranties Staff Member

Burgess offered one week
    [​IMG]
    South Sydney enforcer Sam Burgess is facing a one-match ban for his 'crusher' tackle on Cronulla prop Andrew Fifita.

The England international was placed on report after applying pressure to the back of the NSW prop's neck in the 35th minute of the Bunnies' 14-12 loss on Monday night.

Burgess protested his innocence on the field but was hit with a grade one dangerous contact charge by the NRL match review committee on Tuesday morning.

He will miss Saturday's clash against Newcastle if he opts to fight the charge and loses, while an early guilty plea will also cost him a one-week ban due to loading from a previous offence.

Roosters forward Aidan Guerra (dangerous contact) and Warriors prop (tripping) have both avoided suspension after entering early pleas.

source: http://www.sportal.co.nz/league-news-display/burgess-offered-one-week-237102

2. Fanrrior

Fanrrior Active Member

Player Position Injury Out for
    Michael Crocker - Knee - June 2013
    Luke Burgess - Shoulder - July 2013
    Matt King - Broken Arm - July/August 2013
    Greg Waddell - Torn Tricep - July/August 2013
    Mitch Buckett - Knee - June/July 2013

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/injury-report

TerryG likes this.
  3. TerryG

Cheers Fanrrior.
    We might get a few bunnies setting up shop here if we can dig a nice enough Warren for them,
    It's going to be the year of the Rabbit all right.
    Thanks for the effort.

Fanrrior likes this.
  4. S J

S J Mod Squad Staff Member

South Sydney prop George Burgess has been suspended for two matches and fined $10,000 by the NRL after admitting to damaging property in Cairns.

TerryG likes this.
  5. Fanrrior

Fanrrior Active Member

So in Australia you get fined $10,000 for damaging property and $15,000 for peeing in public. I think your legal system needs to sort out its priorities:watching:

6. S J

What's with these adverts ?

7. TerryG

I'm not seeing any adverts. If you've got adverts and unrequested pop-ups in your internet browser try adding No-script. It's free and great at wiping out adverts and helps to keep your computer secure from running third-party scripts.

8. S J

They appear in certain words - so you don't get them ? This is the only site I'm getting them on.

9. S J

May have fixed it.

TerryG likes this.
  10. TerryG

No mate I don't get them.

Your browser has started running third party scripts and is therefore operating in an UNSAFE mode. There is a high risk that sooner or later it will pick up other scripts including malicious scanning software which will look for passwords, credit card numbers and dates etc.

If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer - famously unsafe - to browse the Internet I'd like to recommend two much safer alternatives. 1) FireFox Internet browser (free) with the No-script addon or 2) the Google Chome Internet Browser with the script-no addon. This way you will have complete and easy control over third party scripts which are blocked by default.

After 25 years as a computer programmer, I've found the best move is to go for option 1.

This link might be helpful for comparisons.
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2365692,00.asp

For self-help tutorials on installing Firefox or other choice, there are plenty videos on this topic at YouTube.
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=Install Firefox&search_sort=relevance&search_category=0&page=

Feel free to ask if you have questions on this matter or computers in general.

Cheers,
    TerryG

11. S J

OK - ta. I do have McAfee on all the time. I think this one jumped slipped in with another one.

And - its not a problem one - like some.

12. S J

Greg Inglis is facing up to eight weeks on the sidelines after suffering posterior criuciate ligament damage to his knee in Wednesday night's Origin decider.

Inglis injured his knee in the first half but opted to come out for the second, despite the pain and the chance of further aggravating the injury. South Sydney supporters will be sweating on the results of scans, which have been ordered for Thursday.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/greg-inglis-suffers-knee-injury-in-origin-decider-20130718-2q51p.html#ixzz2ZKzzNrgR

13. novasaint

novasaint Member

Burgess could be in deep trouble.He may not have done a Hopper but the old Squirrel grip may give him a handful of games on the bench.
    What was he thinking....His brother lets fly with some nude pics then big Sammy snaffles up some jatz crackers.Silly bloody poms.
    At least they can play cricket.

14. S J

Luke Keary - possible shoulder and time out injury.

15. S J

South Sydney have suffered another injury blow ahead of Thursday night's season opener against Sydney Roosters with prop Tom Burgess ruled out due to a foot problem - suggested 8 weeks !

The English forward joins five-eighth Luke Keary on the Rabbitohs casualty list after the rookie playmaker underwent surgery for a shoulder injury sustained in the recent NRL Nines in Auckland.

16. S J

South Sydney are hopeful Greg Inglis will be fit to face Canberra next weekend but there is doubt over Issac Luke's availability after the hooker suffered a shoulder injury in Friday night's loss to Wests Tigers.

Rumours abound that Sam Burgess is being treated for "big head" syndrome ... :)

17. S J

Luke - 10 weeks.

18. S J

South Sydney hard man George Burgess is set to miss this Sunday’s clash with the Raiders after being charged with a Grade 2 careless high tackle on Wests Tigers fullback James Tedesco.

Burgess was one of four players placed on report in the spiteful Friday night encounter, won by the Tigers 25-16.

19. nodd

nodd Active Member

Geez I'm glad players couldn't be put on report when I was playing- I wouldn't have a forward pack to hold me in the contested scrums :dead:

20. nodd

nodd Active Member

Then again neither would the other side!