Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

Rugby League Bunnies - Signings and News

Discussion in 'South Sydney Rabbitohs' started by S J, Jun 28, 2013.

1. SSTID

SSTID Active Member

All good then. Loving the ease of access to a site moderator to clarify these things instead of a wall of silence.

S J likes this.
  2. callmack1

callmack1 Junior Member

Awesome that Cody has made it official.

I think it also shows that the club has been turned around from where it was. Cody was ready to leave last year but since all this change has occured, he has decided to stay.

It's a great sign.

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  3. SSTID

SSTID Active Member

It's a great sign alright, the dollar sign "$". I think the contract upgrade that doubled his $$'s from $250K to $550K plus helped. Cody "show me the money" Walker is loyal to the very last cent! There are other reasons being given to the media but Cody wanted a big paycheck despite a recent contract upgrade he still wanted that to be revised mid-contract and spat the dummy when the door was closed. Good luck to him but if he tries to "renegotiate" his current value again while he is still under contract the Rabbitohs should cut him loose and go with Connor Tracey or Adam Doueihi. Crichton already signed for more $$'s despite saying this was not his main motivation and Souths cannot afford to get caught paying players far more than they are worth, like Ben Hunt!

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  4. southsport

southsport Active Member

I think the squad is a very happy one under Seibold and Cody wanted to be part of it, as well as some extra $$$ of course.

Rabbits 21 and callmack1 like this.
  5. SSTID

SSTID Active Member

On more positive news about Cody Walker and Souths...

From the sounds of it, Walker and Reynolds have been given a license to be creative and to play what is in front of them. Great news for instinctive players like Cody Walker and Damien Cook who can react quickly to opportunities and who have great instincts. They seem to have an almost telepathic understanding at times being able to read each other and react quickly to an instinctive ad lib change in play. A return to the Glory days of the Rabbitohs playing an open and expansive style spells trouble for opposition defences. I can't wait to see the cardinal and myrtle running rampant once again. GI, Gagai, Surgess and Crichton must be champing at the bit!

South Sydney half Cody Walker reveals why he shunned rivals to re-sign with Rabbitohs

Walker revealed new coach Anthony Seibold has changed their style.

“It’s going to be a more open — moving the ball more — playing a lot less structure than what we’re used to,” he said.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...s/news-story/fc4804783891e0964dbdf9ca431dde4d

Rabbits 21 and callmack1 like this.
  6. SSTID

SSTID Active Member

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt then this one last time but if he spits his dummy again and let's catchable balls bounce and hangs out his arm to make a feigned attempted tackle all because he wants more $$'s I'm pushing the little red button that will trigger the ejection seat.

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  7. callmack1

callmack1 Junior Member

That's a factor for sure but at the end of the day, you're not going to re-sign if you don't love it there.

It's sounding great aye? I'm chomping at the bit too!

8. Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21 Active Member

Great point there....

I hope we aren't paying him more than 550.

9. SSTID

SSTID Active Member

I missed this before...

It's not that I can't stand shadow but he intentionally tries to stir the pot and then when he is questioned he disappears and leaves replies unanswered. I don't know if he is just too afraid of facing the music or if he generally doesn't care about other peoples opinions but he certainly doesn't show anyone the respect to respond to their reply. That smells either of cowardice or arrogance to me. Either way, I am more than happy to use him as an object of satire for comedic effect. Jokes play so well off so many of the things "he" posts. He also reminds me of "itsonlyagame" who got punted from ZT a couple of years ago and "foreverinourshadow". I think the similarities are too great to be a coincidence.

3hats, on the other hand, is a pompous, vacuous, serial pest and makes a lot of noise but very little sense. He may know a few things about the Rabbitohs squads across all 3 grades but nothing that can't be researched. Instead of being upfront and admitting that he heavily researches his posts he tries to pretend he is involved in the inner circle of the club and his success rate in predictions are so far off they only expose him to further ridicule. Also, beyond the South Sydney club he knows very little about any other club and even less about the game. He is a clipboard statistician and nothing more.

As I have said, I have no problems with either posting on WLF but I will not invite them and I will not hold back on my usual banter and satirical broadsides if they should find their way here. The history with 3hats (aka "3chooks") goes too far back and it amuses me to play with a piñata from time to time. I would share the spoils but there is never anything inside!

10. SSTID

SSTID Active Member

Too many clubs pay for potential and Walker's form has been too inconsistent. He simply doesn't have the runs on the board. Perhaps the contract should have been incentive-based with sufficient room left under the salary cap to allow an increase. I cannot state for sure that Walker has signed for $550K (perhaps a bit more). I know his manager was chasing $600K a season and Souths were not coming to the party so it is an educated guess at best but I think it is close to the mark. As I have often said, there needs to be far greater transparency in regards to the salary cap for each team (and also TPA's). I wouldn't hold my breath though.

11. Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21 Active Member

Thanks mate I really enjoyed that article...

Now to lock down Murray and Fui.

callmack1 likes this.
  12. Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21 Active Member

I like Cody but my issue is when AR hasn't been there he gets lost at times and goes missing. Against Brisbane last year on the last play he didn't even get in the right position for a shot at field goal. Plus in games he couldn't get to the kick on the last.

If it's anymore than 550 then that's overs imo...

13. Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21 Active Member

I'm actually starting to fire up...... bring it on....

Seibs said something today about each individual is responsible for their defence..... seems he won't be afraid to bring out the whip if the effort isn't there...

callmack1 likes this.
  14. RADICAL RABBIT

RADICAL RABBIT Active Member

I agree mate. I reckon he is worth $500,000 per year, which is pretty good!

SSTID likes this.
  15. RADICAL RABBIT

Shadow IS foreverinourshadow. He is foreverinourshadow on the League Unlimited forum, but we would call him Shadow for short. Sometimes I called him "Shads".

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  16. Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21 Active Member

They are saying he's on 600k....

17. RADICAL RABBIT

who is saying???

18. callmack1

callmack1 Junior Member

I agree with that at times but in Cody's defence, it's hard to be consistent when your position keeps chopping and changing.

Same bro.

It also seems he's really focussing on effort which is great because that has been seriously lacking lately.

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  19. southsport

southsport Active Member

NRL 2018: Greg Inglis reveals how his mental health battle is helping others

Chris Barrett

Whether Greg Inglis makes his long-awaited comeback from a knee reconstruction in round one remains unclear but listen to those around him and there is little doubt that, when he does resume for South Sydney, he can quickly get back to his devastating best.

"He found himself in open space [at training] a couple of weeks ago and it was almost like watching some of his highlights," said Sam Burgess, the talisman of South Sydney's forward pack, on Monday.

[​IMG]
    All smiles: Greg Inglis is 'like a little kid out there' at South Sydney training. Photo: Brendon Esposito
    "He just went through, one-handed carry, showed up the fullback ... and went and scored the try. I just thought 'welcome back, Greg'."

If that is music to the ears of Rabbitohs supporters, who these days are not exactly long suffering but impatient for a return to the semi-finals, then so should be the 31-year-old superstar's state of mind.

[​IMG]
    Ahead of the pack: Greg Inglis completes his first week of training as part of his recovery from an ACL tear. Photo: Brendan Esposito
    Inglis had a smile on his face on Monday as he sat in the grandstand at Redfern Oval and contemplated the approaching NRL season, which Souths will continue to prepare for with a trial against Wigan at ANZ Stadium on Saturday. Last year that wasn't always the case.

The anterior cruciate ligament injury that forced him to miss almost the entire 2017 campaign was one thing but there was also a mental health battle that led him to enter a rehabilitation facility.

Now, the simple task of training, even as gruelling as a pre-season can be, has brought joy.

"I'm like a little kid out there," said Inglis, who completed his first full week of training under new coach Anthony Seibold last week. "Putting the boots on, getting strapped. Just running around with the boys, having a good laugh."

The months of recovery from surgery have given Inglis the opportunity to reflect on his decision to confront his mental demons, which he continues to do, and go public about it. After being blown away by the feedback from everyone, he has realised just how much influence he has – even when he isn't showing up an opposition defence.

"Obviously going through what I went through ... I'm getting people coming up to me saying 'thank-you'," he said.

"I did this to help myself, I didn't think that I would touch that many people's lives or families and help them in a way. I just learnt how much power that I can actually have by voicing my opinion. I didn't actually realise that until I went through it.

"Last year I obviously had my battles with mental depression and I'm obviously still keeping on top of that. I have people I can have a chat to when I'm feeling a bit down. You've got to continue the therapy. You're never out of it, even though you think you're fine. I think you've still got to continue it and that's what I'm doing."

What he is also doing – on the training paddock – is continuing to weigh up where he is best suited in the Souths backline.

There has been no concrete decision on whether Inglis will make a full-time positional switch but he is set to at least begin the season at left centre, with Alex Johnston at fullback.

Alongside him in the centres is likely to be Dane Gagai, a new recruit so enthusiastic about joining Souths that, according to Burgess, he turned up for pre-season training a week early to find no one there.

"He walked in and walked straight back out," Burgess said. "That's how keen he is."

Gagai's eagerness sums up the sentiment at Redfern Oval.

"It's a different vibe around here," Inglis said. "It's just a great feeling around this place. Big trials are this week, Charity Shield the following week, a week off, and then, bang, round one the following week."

SSTID likes this.
  20. SSTID

SSTID Active Member

It looks like Greg is giving his knee a good workout dragging Gagai behind him but still leading the pack. You will note that GI is up against mostly forwards though, no sign of the "rocket man" AJ.