Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

Rugby League Bunnies - Signings and News

Discussion in 'South Sydney Rabbitohs' started by S J, Jun 28, 2013.

1. S J

S J Mod Squad Staff Member

Sorry guys ...

2. SSTID

SSTID Active Member

I have read that Walkers manager was looking for $600K. If Souths were prepared to pay that contract negotiations would not have dragged on so long as Walker is clearly happy with the club, his team mates and his links with the local indigenous community (as per a recent story on FOX Sports). It is an educated guess only that a compromise was reached which would have still more than doubled Walker's previous contract.

The latest story says that Souths are waiting for the NRL to approve and register the new contract before releasing details. We should know soon enough but IMO he shouldn't be getting more than $550K. With so little first grade experience so late in his playing career and inconsistent form and EFFORT, it hardly merits it. Clubs need to start paying players for performance and not for potential (i.e. Kayln Ponga).

3. SSTID

SSTID Active Member

Am I the only one here who appreciates the irony that a shadow has no substance and only exists because of the light (or illumination) from another source?

S J likes this.
  4. S J

What ?

5. SSTID

SSTID Active Member

Well I call him shady! ;)

S J likes this.
  6. SSTID

SSTID Active Member

I was referencing "everyone's mate" good old "shadow" not your video in particular. There seems to be an on going debate on WLF over the value of darkness (ignorance) over light (wisdom). If there is to be a debate then someone has to take the contrary point of view.

I haven't had a chance to look at your video yet but took the context to be in support of shadow. Or was I mistaken?

7. Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21 Well-Known Member

Just word around....

It's believed that's what his manager asked for..

8. S J

Ahh - ok - didn't realise - thought he was called - Shadow !

9. S J

:) No I was being funny - or trying to be ... :) You explained something and I was acting dumb.

I don't know the guy - but I always think of that movie/serial when I hear that name.

10. SSTID

SSTID Active Member

He is called shadow currently on Zero Tackle. "shadow" is his actual profile name there.

S J likes this.
  11. SSTID

SSTID Active Member

Just watched the video now S J. Yes, I think that is a pretty close approximation of their personality and their paranoid and manic state of mind. LOL You have a window into their soul perhaps?

S J likes this.
  12. SSTID

SSTID Active Member

Seriously I have no strong animosity or enmity towards shadow, there is no feud between us and when I make jokes off "his" posts he has no complaints. But reason and logic are thrown out the window with so many of the provocative and baiting comments that he makes against other clubs that Souths supporters are tired of hearing our club insulted because of barbs from shadow and 3hats. I also miss the comedic fodder that 3hats has provided for me, he was a deep vein of gold which I was happy to mine for all it was worth. If they were here I would be happy to load the banter cannon and fire broadsides all day long but many here seem the type that would link arms and chant "save our forest" and I am fond of my little axe so the forest (i.e. shadow/3hats) will have to "run Forrest, run!" Bahahahahahahahahaha

S J likes this.
  13. S J

Yeah - you get sick of the barbs etc - especially if they always go the one way. Many of these people cry "bully" when you give a bit back I've found. Always say - "but - I was only joking ...".

I feel if someone gives you some "stick" - you're entitled to give some back. If it gets out of hand then the Mod should step in and suggest it stop - from both sides.

I may have said - I hate bullies. They generally always have an excuse for it - but its often/generally a character flaw. Hiding behind their computer screen in this case - often getting protected. We all have our opinions but they can be expounded in a rational way.

Its why I say here we like people to treat each other like friends - don't do things you wouldn't like others to do to you. I know that sounds a bit simple - but it is a truism.

Had a guy at work once who never stopped making snide comments to, and about, me. It finally blew up when I was about to deck him - I finally told him what I thought and he didn't like it. (It was all a "joke" - I was just too thin-skinned. Had gone on for months). The boss - who I knew very well and we drank together just said - I thought you'd work it out ! He deliberately wouldn't step in and do something - even though he saw it ! I never knew why this bloke did it - he even said something to my wife about me. He was just basically - nasty. Amazing though - when you just say - enough - to their face - they back off - and often accuse you of being the nasty one. :)

14. SSTID

SSTID Active Member

Bullies are cowardly predators. If you run they chase and won't give up until you stand your ground and face them head on. That's something I learned growing up in Redfern. That and how to pick your fights (you can't go to war over every disagreement) but, if you do this judiciously and with wisdom, you can create a reputation that goes ahead of you and deters trouble more often than not.

Having grown up in the area before the 70's I expect that doyen can relate to what I am saying. These days though the neighborhood has changed a lot. Even Redfern park is manicured and open compared to the days it more closely resembled a foreboding forest.

I am happy to talk about the elephant in the room though. If anyone here has followed the forums on ZT they will know that I like to tease and provoke comments and reactions far more often than I am baited myself. My volleys aren't personal and are delivered in good humour and more often than not are directed against a player or coach more often than targeting an entire club. This has caused me to come under attack myself and I have no complaints about this as long as the attacks don't become personal. My hope is that people would use humour, wit and their imagination to come up with a creative response and that people reading it can have a laugh.

If anyone here is familiar wirh my history on ZT you would know how these initial confrontations turned into banter and developed into friendships away from the site. This does not happen in every instance but many on ZT have learned how to read my sense of humour and look forward to engaging in regular banter as well as discussing and debating opinions of the game. Without humour to assuage the conflicting tensions of tribalism things can get too serious pretty quickly. It is the Australian way to use humour to cut through the BS after all.

southsport and S J like this.
  15. SSTID

SSTID Active Member

I'm not sure if someone has already posted this earlier here or elsewhere but this is the Rabbitohs 22-man squad for the trial match against the Wigan Warriors on Saturday (as posted on Zero Tackle). Jesse Arthars is one omission among many, so he may be injured. Does anyone have any ideas on that? Other notable omissions are: Greg Inglis, Sam Burgess, Adam Reynolds, Cody Walker, John Sutton and Angus "knuckles" Crichton.

Rabbitohs Team

1. Alex Johnston
    2. Richard Kennar
    3. Hymel Hunt
    4. Robert Jennings
    5. Campbell Graham
    6. Adam Doueihi
    7. Robbie Farah
    8. Thomas Burgess
    9. Damien Cook
    10. Mark Nicholls
    11. Tyrell Fuimaono
    12. Dean Britt
    13. Jason Clark

INTERCHANGE

14. Connor Tracey
    15. Lucky Ta’avale
    16. George Burgess
    17. Junior Tatola
    18. Mawene Hiroti
    19. Braidon Burns
    20. Jacob Gagan
    21. Siosifa Talakai
    22. Billy Brittain

https://www.zerotackle.com/rabbitohs-name-team-trial-match-wigan-31482/

16. SSTID

SSTID Active Member

I just realised there is another more appropriate thread dedicated to this game started by southport "Souths vs Wigan Feb 17". callmack1 has the team list covered and in colour!!! ;)

17. RADICAL RABBIT

RADICAL RABBIT Well-Known Member

I agree 100%.

S J and Rabbits 21 like this.
  18. Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21 Well-Known Member

Just a heads up in general....

I can't stand Matt Cecchin........ I've lost my voice so so many times when he's refing our games........

You don't want to start me....... just ask RR and Southy and they'll tell you..............

S J likes this.
  19. southsport

southsport Well-Known Member

20. S J

It funny - we have had a few Golden Retrievers - the one before this one - Charlie - use to leave the room when the footie was on. My wife would laugh - just as the music/sound started he'd get up and leave. We never knew if he just hated footie - or if he could "feel" my tenseness and yelling at the TV ... :)