Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

Poll Home Stadium for Souths

Discussion in 'South Sydney Rabbitohs' started by RADICAL RABBIT, Feb 7, 2018.

?

When the new Sydney stadiums are built, which stadium should be home for Souths???

1. New ANZ Stadium (Sydney Olympic Park)

57.1%
  2. New Sydney Football Stadium (Moore Park)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Somewhere else (please say where)

42.9%
  1. RADICAL RABBIT

RADICAL RABBIT Well-Known Member

What do you reckon??? :)

2. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

Redfern Park/Oval....they train there and rusty has the dollars and it's great with transport. Buses, train and at Waterloo H.C. they don't to pay. Also, they may get more members not travelling for many kms for the Jrs. Just saying!

3. RADICAL RABBIT

You didn't vote in the poll! :p

4. Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21 Well-Known Member

ANZ... I like it there....

5. RADICAL RABBIT

So do I, but I also like how the new SFS will be able to switch between being a 45,000 seat stadium and a 30,000 seat stadium:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We would mostly have it as a 30,000 seat stadium. It would have a good atmosphere!

doyen likes this.
  6. stanleyg

stanleyg Well-Known Member

Wont work Bazza. Clover Moore has ruined it for staging actual games at.
    Maybe the Bunnies can play at La Par Park

7. S J

S J Mod Squad Staff Member

I'm not in favour of the big central stadia (stadia ... good word).

I like what the MLB do in the USA - smaller - boutique style grounds - that hold around 40k. They do better food and drink and seating is more comfortable - plenty of toilets. They get the fans in (back). And - have very good parking. Some places have bigger grounds but a packed 40k is always better than a half empty ANZ - imo.

So maybe Souths and someone like Saints could use the same ground - alternate weeks. Built say, near the border - eg Botany etc. I've always loved WIN - and I know many older Saints fans don't (for varying reasons) - so we could still have 4 games there as well. Even 3 Clubs - eg Saints, Souths and Chooks. With 16/18 teams surely a draw could be done to accommodate such a plan - with 4 of our games at WIN.

We could build a really modern ground - roof, rail link, etc.

8. RADICAL RABBIT

I doubt the Chooks would do that when there is going to be a new stadium built in Moore Park which will be able to switch between being a 30,000 seat stadium and a 45,000 seat stadium.

S J likes this.
  9. southsport

southsport Well-Known Member

Souths will be training at a new facility to be built at Heffron Park in the not too distant future so Redfern Oval will become an even more distant memory.

I voted for the SFS because it's closer for me but Souths need to go where the $$$ are and if the financial arrangement with ANZ continues then that will need to be home ground.

10. stanleyg

It is a cushy deal to allegedly get a nice cash incentive to play at ANZ but you have to wonder whether the trade off is good for the game. As SJ said a half empty stadium but in reality probably only a quarter full doesn't give atmosphere of a packed smaller ground or entice people who see it on TV to want to go to a game either. The Dragons the other hand have the issue of TWO home grounds which doesn't work either.
    Sad to say it but the Sharks have to right idea which is one ground in the middle of their local area which always looks packed with plenty of atmosphere.....unless they are in the middle of a losing streak:bag:.

11. southsport

southsport Well-Known Member

Can't disagree with the points you make but I wonder if a stadium will eventually be built at Heffron Park as Souths home ground.

12. Rabbits 21

Wow I didn't know that.. it's easier for me to get to ANZ personally.

As you know most of our ticketed members are situated out west.
    No way they'll fill it much at all lol.... more empty than not!
    Yeah can't see us leaving ANZ once it's built...... as we don't get as much money from the leagues club our membership and dollars we get out at ANZ are vital. Also as I said we have most of our ticketed members situated in the west Perth suburbs too...
    I'm used to it and if you get level 1 quite full it's actually a good atmosphere...... it's become home now...

13. S J

S J Mod Squad Staff Member

Yeah - I got that - but was thinking what was best for the game and Clubs. AND FANS !!!

14. stanleyg

Clubs also by changing grounds change their own grass roots demographics.
    As Rabbits21 has said due to the number of games played at ANZ there could also be a lot more "ticketed" members out west who would no longer frequent traditional Bunnies support areas for games.
    The same could be said for the Tigpies.
    A lot of their current "new" support could be found in the Campbelltown area instead of Balmain or Lidcombe
    Dragons are in the same boat because they have to all intents and purposes moved to the "Gong" and will sink or swim crowd wise by the support from that area.
    We just have to hope that whatever the government builds to replace ANZ and SFS they provide atmosphere, fair priced food, a good atmosphere for both players and fans alike.

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  15. Rabbits 21

Couldn't have put it any better...

16. stanleyg

[QUOTE="Glory Bound!! Pride of the League:).[/QUOTE]
    Not necessarily "The Best" but they do have more Premierships than the rest:chicken:

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  17. Rabbits 21

Not necessarily "The Best" but they do have more Premierships than the rest:chicken:[/QUOTE]
    Pride of the League mate lol....

I have to have a slight dig at the Rorters..... how has trying to buy premierships worked out for them???:wacky:

How the hell do they still have 750k spare in their cap??

18. RADICAL RABBIT

me too

19. RADICAL RABBIT

I changed my vote to the new ANZ Stadium. We have a lot of fans all over Sydney, and Sydney Olympic Park is close to the centre of the Sydney metro area, and there is a train station right next to ANZ Stadium, and there is plenty of parking. I hope it gets a retractable roof for those really cold nights, and when it rains.

P.S. Members and supporters of teams who play home games there at ANZ Stadium get pretty good deals too.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Rabbits 21 likes this.
  20. RADICAL RABBIT

What the new ANZ Stadium at Sydney Olympic Park might look like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rabbits 21 likes this.