Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

News Newcastle - Injuries and suspensions

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights' started by Knitey, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Knitey

Knitey Guest

Dane Gagai is pushing to be back after next weekend off against the Gold Coast Titans

2. Muppet

Muppet Guest

Looks like the Knight's are starting to get a few injuries to key players. That's never good news knitey.

3. Knitey

Knitey Guest

Mullen decides surgery
    Sunday 14 April 2013 4:12 PM

Newcastle Knights five-eighth Jarrod Mullen has made the decision to have minor knee surgery after consulting with the Club doctor on Sunday.

Mullen has been playing and managing an issue with his knee.

"It is disappointing to have to make this decision but it will put me in good stead for the rest of the season because if I don't do it now, it will only get worse," Mullen said on Sunday afternoon.

From: http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/n...-surgery/72430

4. Knitey

Knitey Guest

5. TerryG

TerryG Guest

Hope not Knitey, a good talk from Wayne will bring him around.

6. Knitey

Knitey Guest

Can Wayne heal backs?

7. TerryG

TerryG Guest

Wayne could have been the new Pope if God hadn't of told him to coach Newcastle instead.

Hard to think of the Knights without Danny Buderus.

8. Muppet

Muppet Guest

That's bad news on both fronts knitey. Both Mullen and Bedsy will be missed.

9. Knitey

Knitey Guest

Yes it is.....but that's footy I suppose. :sorry:

10. Knitey

Knitey Guest

Mullen just tweeted the surgery went well and he should be back next week

RT @JMullen7 Got the knee done today. Dr Caldwell did a great job and he's confident ill be right by next weekend, good news

11. H

H Guest

Good news about Mullen.

12. Knitey

Knitey Guest

Fantastic.....thank god for the rep w/end, we should have Mullen and Gagai back for Rd 7.

13. Knitey

Knitey Guest

14. Muppet

Muppet Guest

15. Knitey

Knitey Guest

Would be good...but not holding my breath...I actually thought his record was bad...but it's ok really:

2008 finals vs Brisbane - one week
    2012 round 17 vs Brisbane - one week

That's right, two weeks in 145 games, given the way he plays, would indicate to me he is not a grub. He hasn't been in front of the judiciary other times and found not guilty - that's the entire record.

Compare that to Slaters record:

[​IMG]

concusses Antonio Winterstein with a shoulder charge and kicks David Klemmer in the head, but gets away with it because he's such an outstanding citizen and "it's not his go".

The judiciary is a total joke, this suspension is just another in a long long of ludicrous decisions.

16. Knitey

Knitey Guest

17. Muppet

Muppet Guest

Wow, Slaters record speaks for itself, doesn't it.

18. Knitey

Knitey Guest

It does Muppet...it's nothing to be proud of.

19. Knitey

Knitey Guest

Brett Keeble ‏@BrettKeeble1m
    @NRLKnights lock @jeremy_smith13 suspended for 6 games after being found guilty of grade-three head slam at @NRL judiciary. @newcastleherald

20. Muppet

Muppet Guest

That's not the outcome you wanted knitey.