Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

Opinion Philosophy & Political Thought ... ?

Discussion in 'A Current Affairs' started by Bazza, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

Philosophy and Political Thought: Nothing on here is meant to upset anyone - it is just the meanderings of football brains missing the game ... :)

AND - PLEASE KEEP IT ALL CIVIL - WE ARE MEANT TO BE FRIENDS. NO LIBEL OR SLANDER - JUST GOOD HONEST FUN AND COMMENT.

I did it (VOTED) recently...better than the 1 hour line up shit on Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2017
  2. S J

S J Mod Squad Staff Member

At least you feel wanted on the day ... ;)

But - the lies they tell - it is staggering !

3. ALX22

ALX22 Well-Known Member

House of Reps for my division.
    • The Greens - Unfortunately the candidate just doesn't inspire me at all as he unsuccessfully attempted to join the Local Council.
    • Family First Party - I'd rather die then vote for these white supremacists.
    • Australian Labor Party - Another one who has attempted to join State politics. Fail.
    • Australian Liberty Alliance - Should be removed from the elections due to the spread of hate speech.
    • Rise Up Australia Party - Another party which I won't consider due to a range of issues.
    • Liberal National Party - The local candidate is against euthanasia, so that's a big no from me.
    • Online Direct Democracy Party - Not sure, and not enough information.
    • Independent - ex Katter Party,too religious. No more for me to say really.
    • Veterans Party - Not sure, and not enough information

Senate - 122 candidates vying for 12 spots. Too early to decide. If people annoy me on the day, then I won't vote for them.

4. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

Put it is way - you need a spreadsheet for the senate :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

5. ALX22

ALX22 Well-Known Member

Would love to see Derryn Hinch's Justice Party get in.

6. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

In the senate I picked DH Justice party No 2

7. S J

Can someone tell me - why do people vote for a Government in the House - then vote to stuff them in the Senate - ie they vote for a different party so we have a hung parliament.

All this BS about keeping them honest - all they are doing is voting in a lot of no-hopers who stuff the country by stopping government.

Vote for whoever you like - but give them a chance to govern - vote for the same party in both houses ! If they fail - vote them out. BUT - don't literally handcuff them at the start !

8. stanleyg

stanleyg Well-Known Member

The minor parties or the single senate candidates are spoilers so whoever gets in as the government you wont get decent decision making by whomever wins.
    In the Reps you have a choice
    1. Vote for the Libs and back stabber Turnbull who often talks Bull but offers steady fiscal management
    or
    2.Vote for Labor who still haven't owned up to their huge spending spree last time they were in Government and appear to be basically planning the same thing again should they win this time.

I will wear the Libs because they should be able to keep Turnbull and some of his leftist leanings inline.
    Shorten has been campaigning as a calm pleasant leader in waiting but I still remember him saying "My opinion is the same as the Prime Ministers. I don't know what she said but I am sure she is right".

"preferential voting"
    You vote for one dumbass and they give your vote to someone else.

The Upper house promises to be a nightmare
    It will however be interesting to see if Hunch, Hanson and David L have to sit next to each other behind Lambie and the Brick.

All this "keep the bastards honest" business started with Don Chipp and his Democrats but where are they now? supplanted by the sky is falling greenies who had to change their war chant from Global warming to Climate change.
    Speaking of which the Darling of the greenies and Julia and Kevin Tim Flannery seems to have been swept away in all this rain and floods after predicting our dams would dry and drought would rule so De sal plants started to appear and the rains came.
    His whole Mantra seemed wrong and the best weather forecaster was Dorothea McKellar.

9. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

If the coalition Government gets a majority Government - it will lead to 15% GST and tighter medicare reform as simple at that. I've already voted, so my vote is counted now.

10. S J

I'd like to see GST increased and other tax law refined. It is a joke at the moment. GST is perhaps the fairest tax idea.

Medical has to be reviewed. It is increasing at such a rate its unbelievable. We must keep it readily available - free to those who can't afford it - but many can, and should, pay more.

But - agree with Libs on one thing - unless we have a decent economy and the money - we won't be able to afford our social welfare spending.

11. stanleyg

Bazza you haven't fallen for the Labor scare campaign have you?.
    Those buggers put us into so much debt it will take more than a 15% gst and tightening medicare to those who are entitled and can afford it to get us out of this financial black hole we are heading into.
    Labor had the worlds greatest treasurer Swannee ably assisted by one of their failed immigration ministers C Bowen at the financial helm and even sent checques to dead people.
    They promised at least 5 surpluses and like that tom jones song we got another day older and deeper in debt.
    Perhaps Pauline might give them some home truths Plibersek who thinks Africa is a country will steady their ship.
    At least apart from the deals in the Senate it will be over tomorrow .....for a while.

12. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

We have George Brandis as out Att-General - Jesus! He's like the romans in jerusalem and Swannee has gone. Yes, with Ruddy and Gillard it was shitfight. Though you have to understand for the last 4-5 years the mining boom is gone!

But with the young people with Uni, TAFE and Apprenticeships it will be harder with a Coalition Government. My nephew is at Uni now and it's a struggle for him and when he completes his course, he has to pay a lot money. Let alone buying a house/unit. I did 4 years At TAFE Apprenticeship as Carpenter - these days it's 2 years. 4-5 days on the job training and 1 day a week at TAFE.

With Medicare I see my DR once a month for presistription and blood tests for epilepsy and for 15 mins and $60 and the refund is $34. If I had 2-4 kids and a Wife....$$$$...exactly

13. stanleyg

Your right the mining boom has gone and it was going as all could see but that didnt stop swanee , Julia and Co from introducing a big fat mining tax to help it on its way and which brought in zilch revenue.
    They at least knew they were headed for defeat so put Rudd back in to try and save some deck chairs off the titanic. They also laid a number of landmines like promising Billions for health and education BUT didn't actually fund them so they could try and claim the Government was stripping cash. Pollies are very smart well except for SLipper, Plibs, Short and the former union member for Dobell with his union credit card and penchant for the ladies
    Labor out of sheer political bloody mindedness did however manage to block a number of fiscal/revenue matters in the senate the Libs tried to introduce and have now included them into their election plans.
    The Libs knifed Mr Rabbit because he gave Phil a medal which he was probably overdue for.

I have held back my vote until tomorrow in the fervent hope someone might stand up and say " I am an honest politician ( an oxymoron I know) and I have the countries best interest as my goal.

14. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

Probably the most honest Politicians is Nick Xenophon but I gamble, though I don't play the pokies. I see older Australians in clubs wasting their the last dollars of the pokies. It helps Leagues clubs but it doesn't help the people who don't have much money at all.

15. S J

I have a feeling we'll have more of the same. Libs will have the Reps - and a hung Senate - because people will vote for all the odd-balls.

I just hope one party controls both.

16. ALX22

ALX22 Well-Known Member

It is quite sad that my electorate has had two dodgy pollies in Slipper and Brough :sour:

17. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

What you wrote "GST is perhaps the fairest tax idea" I'm not sure if read the Queensland news, many electricity companies have increased their price - 4-5% if a 15% GST was introduced by the coalition Government with the Senate and the House....it doesn't help 80% of people. If you make $100,000 a year you may bear it.

18. stanleyg

Today is the day which means my junk mail phone calls will be back to the usual spammers instead of "Hi its Malcolm or Bill here"

Sorry to say this Bazza but Nick isn't that honest either.
    Like Wilkie Nick has attached himself to a barrow to push and is happy to hold Government Bills to ransom to suit his own ends.
    There are enough problem gamblers around but I believe old people play the pokies because they have nothing else to do and have become bored with Bingo. Outliving your kin has its downfalls.
    Like SJ says GST is the fairest tax because everyone pays it. Also a lot of "sales tax" laws were rescinded to allow Gst to replace not add to them.
    The more you use the more you pay.
    If a rich guy buys a BMW he pays more sales tax (plus a luxury vehicles tax)
    An average joe who buys a ford or holden pays less gst

The only issue with it might be how it is applied and I can still remember Labor holding up chooks in Parliament wanting to know whether Gst is paid on frozen or cooked ones because cooked ones have had work done on them.

As for Qld don't they push the barrow "sunny one day , perfect the next" so they can cut down their electricity use by using a hand fan and barby-cues although the Greens may complain about the pollution

19. stanleyg

You were lucky you dot get Oakshott this time around as well:bag:

20. S J

Don't those calls give you the sh*ts !

Do they honestly think people want them - or listen to them ?