Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

Team List Preliminary final SHARKS V COWBOYS 32-20

Discussion in 'Cronulla Sharks' started by TerryGaines, Sep 22, 2016.

1. TerryGaines

TerryGaines Voider of Warranties

Fri 23 Sep 2016, 7:55pm, Allianz Stadium

sharks.png
    1 Ben Barba
    2 Sosaia Feki
    3 Jack Bird
    4 Ricky Leutele
    5 Valentine Holmes
    6 James Maloney
    7 Chad Townsend
    8 Andrew Fifita
    9 Michael Ennis
    10 Matt Prior
    11 Luke Lewis
    12 Wade Graham
    13 Paul Gallen.

Interchange: 14 Gerard Beale 15 Chris Heighington 16 Kurt Capewell 17 Jayson Bukuya

Paul Gallen (back) has been cleared to return at lock, with the Sharks to be unchanged from the side named on Tuesday. “I am fine, no dramas at all,” Gallen said. “I did full training on Tuesday and did most of the session on Sunday. I will do our captains run and will be fine.” Sam Tagataese (shoulder) and Joseph Paulo (knee) were hoping to be late inclusions, but both failed to take part in captain’s run and won’t play. However, coach Shane Flanagan says the forward duo will be fit if the Sharks make the grand final.

cowboys.png
    1 Lachlan Coote
    2 Kyle Feldt
    3 Justin O’Neill
    4 Kane Linnett
    5 Javid Bowen
    6 Michael Morgan
    7 Johnathan Thurston
    8 Matthew Scott
    9 Jake Granville
    10 James Tamou
    11 Gavin Cooper
    12 Coen Hess
    13 Jason Taumalolo.

Interchange: 14 Rory Kostjasyn 15 John Asiata 16 Scott Bolton 17 Ben Hannant 18 Kalyn Ponga

Winger Antonio Winterstein (ribs) missed selection on Tuesday and has been officially ruled out after failing to train. Centre Kane Linnett (hamstring) has been named to return and is considered “likely”. Javid Bowen shifts from Linnett’s centre spot to the wing, with young gun Kalyn Ponga travelling as backline cover. “The coaches believe it’s a good experience for Kalyn to see how we do things travelling away and being in the finals system. But we expect him to run out for the 20s,” said assistant coach Todd Payten. Veteran prop Matt Scott is a certain starter despite nursing a list of ailments, including a bulging disc in his back. “He copped an elbow (in the back) early against Brisbane which added just one more thing to the list of stuff he has to deal with on a weekly basis,” coach Paul Green said. “I don’t want to understate what he has to put himself through to get himself on the paddock. But there is nothing that stops him from functioning. He is just dealing with pain which he is pretty good at. But he’s fine. There is a light at the end of the tunnel now.”

2. S J

S J Mod Squad Staff Member

I can't see NQC losing.

BUT - and its a big but - this will go against what I have thought all year.

Should be a top game

3. stanleyg

stanleyg Well-Known Member

Wrong and right at the same time;). Cows lost BUT it was a top game.....if you are a sharks fan.

The Cows just didnt recover from the Broncos game while the sharks came out of the starting blocks hard
    They out powered the cows with a hard running attack that was prepared to use the ball
    moved up in defence and snuffed out most of the cows attack
    the sharks offloaded a lot while the cows did way to much one out running.
    The sharks kept their mistakes to a minimum for them.
    The sharks were worthy winners and deserve to be in the Grand final given the effort they have put in this season.

They do however have a long history of being the Premiership bridesmaid and the way they are playing at the moment that precious record could be in jeopardy

TerryGaines likes this.
  4. S J

S J Mod Squad Staff Member

Top win to Sharks. Good luck next week.

5. TerryGaines

Jimmy needs to bring these types of stats to SoO.

James Maloney 56m
    James Maloney 66m
    CONVERSIONS James Maloney 3/5 (60%)
    PENALTY GOALS James Maloney 3/3 (100%)

Plus a very handy intercept.

6. stanleyg

stanleyg Well-Known Member

Not really an aerial ping pong fan but it is good to see a team of red n whites make a grand final to so good luck to the Swannees in their GF.

S J likes this.
  7. TerryGaines

Yes, you can't put down good Reds, Whites or even Rosés. :)

[​IMG]

8. moto748

moto748 Well-Known Member

Just watched it. The Sharks were very good. I've probably often said that Maloney is just about my favourite player in the NRL, and he had a fine game there. Saying all that, it seems a shame that a qualifying final is basically decided by fatigue.