Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

Team List Round 15 EELS V DRAGONS 24-10

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by TerryGaines, Jun 15, 2017.

1. TerryGaines

TerryGaines Voider of Warranties

Sunday 18 June, 4pm at ANZ Stadium

eels.png
    1. Bevan French 2. Semi Radradra 3. Brad Takairangi 4. Clinton Gutherson 5. Kirisome Auva’a 6. Corey Norman 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Daniel Alvaro 9. Kaysa Pritchard 10. Tim Mannah 11. Manu Ma’u 12. Tepai Moeroa 13. Nathan Brown.

Interchange: 14. Beau Scott 15. Suaia Matagi 16. Kenny Edwards 17. Will Smith 18. Marata Niukore 19. Siosaia Vave 20. Michael Jennings 21. John Folau

Kirisome Auva’a replaces Nathan Davis on the wing in Parramatta’s only change. Michael Jennings (quad) has been named in the reserves and will aim to prove his fitness.

Ins: John Folau, Kirisome Auva’a, Marata Niukore, Michael Jennings, Siosaia Vave

Outs: Nathan Davis

dragons.png
    1. Jason Nightingale 2. Nene Macdonald 3. Kurt Mann 4. Timoteo Lafai 5. Kalifa Faifai Loa 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Josh McCrone 8. Russell Packer 9. Cameron McInnes 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Tariq Sims 12. Joel Thompson 13. Jack De Belin.

Interchange: 14. Jacob Host 15. Leeson Ah Mau 16. Hame Sele 17. Taane Milne 18. Jai Field 19. Tyrone McCarthy 20. Blake Lawrie 21. Will Matthews

Jason Nightingale moves to fullback for Josh Dugan (NSW), with Kalifa Faifai Loa coming onto the wing. Tariq Sims starts in the back row for Tyson Frizell (NSW), with Jacob Host joining the bench.

Ins: Blake Lawrie, Jacob Host, Jai Field, Kalifa Faifai Loa, Tyrone McCarthy, Will Matthews

Outs: Josh Dugan, Tyson Frizell (Origin)

2. stanleyg

stanleyg Well-Known Member

Norman V Widdop will have a big impact on how the games goes

S J likes this.
  3. TerryGaines

NRL.com predicts: The two big Origin outs for the Dragons levels the playing field a bit. Both teams should be better than they were last week but given the Dragons' more consistent form across 2017 to date we'll back the Red V by four.

4. S J

S J Mod Squad Staff Member

I wish I was that confident @TG. Frizell and Duges out. They have a full side.

We can win but need to start well and hold them.

5. TerryGaines

The TWIL top ten were evenly split with 5 backing each team.

upload_2017-6-18_19-30-57.png
    I went for the home side, but am listening to a fire cracker of a game.

Eels 24-4 with 20 to go.

6. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

7. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

8. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

Nearly my team

1. Gutherson
    2. Radradra
    3. Jennings
    4. Auva'a
    5. French
    6. Norman
    7. Moses
    8. Matagi
    9. Pritchard
    10. Alvaro
    11. Ma'u
    12. Moeroa
    13. Brown

14. Scott
    15. Takairangi
    16. Mannah
    17. Smith

TerryGaines likes this.
  9. TerryGaines

Eels kicking game doesn't sound too bad.

10. TerryGaines

French, Jennings, French, Moses and French all earning their crust today. :)

11. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

Frenchy is one of our best players. Put it this way: he's fighting in the Heavyweight division- he's a light middleweight.

TerryGaines likes this.
  12. S J

We wuss robbed I tell ya !

13. stanleyg

A good win but what looked like an easy by the Eels.
    Their solid defence and attack along with a very good kicking game made the Dragons look like Amateurs.

Their halves were very good and while the Dragons kept Semi from scoring a lot of tries their attack and defence looked bereft of ideas in the face of a determined Eels.
    To be fair the Dragons woke up for a set of plays around the 60th minute and again showed some effort from the 70th minute they weren't in the same league as Parra on the day.
    Our best forward and back...
    Vaughan
    Nightingale

Basically the Dragons have been back sliding into the same ol crap they have been serving up for a number of seasons and the presence of Dugan or Friz would not have made much difference.

14. S J

Our best forward/back - yes I'd agree here.

They have gone kick happy again - even Widdop - which shows he is lacking confidence - as he did last year. That injury has put us back 5 squares. Lucky we have a buffer and games are going our way.

If we don't watch out we'll be out of the 5.

BUT ... we have a bye coming - AND ... 2 games v Newcastle, and 2 games v Gold Coast.

15. stanleyg

Dragons kicking options were atrocious against the Eels even NOT taking two penalty goals when on offer as they don't seem to have a plan for scoring tries close in.

Byes mean nothing as everyone gets them although for a short time those that get them first look better on the ladder.
    They do however have a twofold impact....
    they allow players with niggling injuries an extra week to recover
    the lack of real game time can affect performance.

The way the Dragons are regressing even winning against the Knights or Coast isn't a given
    The Knights have actually been playing well and were robbed against Manly.
    The Titans are a mixed bag like the Dragons and you just have to see on the day.

16. moto748

moto748 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the game yet, but as I already knew the result, I figured it'd do harm to read the thread. I'm a bit surprised to see youse guys so despondent, are things really that bad? Your season hasn't been at all bad so far, better than many of your expectations pre-season, I daresay.

17. stanleyg

Its not a matter of being despondent, more a case of saying it like it was.
    The Eels were too good and the Dragons were just a shadow of the side that turned out earlier in the season.
    Of course if you happen to have a spare pair of Rose coloured glasses you could share???:rolleyes:

18. moto748

moto748 Well-Known Member

Well I just watched the game. The first thing to say is that the Eels were very good, and there aren't many better kicking games in the comp than Corey Norman, and he had the ball on a string here, ably supported by Moses too. And hard as Widdop and de Belin tried, the Dragons never looked in the game, they were outsmarted tactically, they stood back whilst the Eels powered up the pitch towards them, and couldn't put on their set plays with enough fluency to trouble Parra's defence. Still a great bit of skill from Nightingale with that try assist, though. I enjoyed the game, but if I was a Dragons fan, of course I wouldn't be so happy.

19. stanleyg

Good to see you could see some of the basic errors in the Dragons play to as I was beginning to think I was imagining them.
    Problem is Mary can Patch them up for a few games but the rot just creeps back into their game.
    Parra were very good as you said ( just like in 2009) and it was either a case of only one side had done their home work or the hit and miss style of play is now so far entrenched at the Dragons it would need a total cleanout from players to upper management to have a chance of fixing.
    In the mean time fans just watch them repeat the same things week after week interspersed with some really good games.

20. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

Now Smith has to be the dummy half or someone else. That's not good for our spine.