Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

Team List Round 7 BULLDOGS v RABBITOHS 24-9

Discussion in 'Canterbury Bulldogs' started by TerryGaines, Apr 11, 2017.

1. TerryGaines

TerryGaines Voider of Warranties

4pm Friday at ANZ Stadium

bulldogs.png
    1. Brett Morris 2. Kerrod Holland 3. Josh Morris 4. Brenko Lee 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Moses Mbye 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Lichaa 10. James Graham (c) 11. Josh Jackson 12. Adam Elliot 13. Greg Eastwood

Interchange: 14. Sam Kasiano 15. Danny Fualalo 16. Francis Tualau 17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 19. Craig Garvey 20. Matt Frawley 21. Renouf Toomaga 23. Reimis Smith

Ins: Craig Garvey, Francis Tualau, Kerrod Holland, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Reimis Smith, Renouf Toomaga

Outs: Brad Abbey, David Klemmer

* Matt Frawley misses the 17 despite great showings in his two games. Brad Abbey (concussion) is replaced at fullback by Brett Morris, with Kerrod Holland (shoulder) returning from injury on the wing. David Klemmer (ankle) is out, with Adam Elliot joining the starting back row. Francis Tualau and Raymond Faitala-Mariner join the 17.

rabbitohs.png
    1. Alex Johnston 2. Braidon Burns 3. Siosifa Talakai 4. Robert Jennings 5. Bryson Goodwin 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Tom Burgess 9. Damien Cook 10. Kyle Turner 11. John Sutton 12. Angus Crichton 13. Sam Burgess (c).

Interchange: 14. Robbie Farah 15. Jason Clark 16. Zane Musgrove 17. George Burgess 18. Anthony Cherrington 19. Robbie Rochow 20. Cameron Murray 21. Tyrell Fuimaono

Ins: Anthony Cherrington, Cameron Murray, Robbie Rochow, Tyrell Fuimaono

Outs: None

* Unchanged following a tight win over Penrith.

2. TerryGaines

[​IMG]
    Cody Walker of the Rabbitohs is tackled during the round seven NRL match between the Canterbury Bulldogs and the South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium on April 14, 2017 in Sydney, Australia.

3. TerryGaines

This grudge match of the English captains cost me my first tip.

[​IMG]
    Samuel Burgess of the Rabbitohs is tackled during the round seven NRL match between the Canterbury Bulldogs and the South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium on April 14, 2017 in Sydney, Australia.

4. TerryGaines

[​IMG]
    Damien Cook of the Rabbitohs in action during the round seven NRL match between the Canterbury Bulldogs and the South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium on April 14, 2017 in Sydney, Australia.

5. TerryGaines

[​IMG]
    Josh Morris of the Bulldogs heads to the try line to score during the round seven NRL match between the Canterbury Bulldogs and the South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium on April 14, 2017 in Sydney, Australia.

6. TerryGaines

[​IMG]
    Joshua Jackson of the Bulldogs scores a try during the round seven NRL match between the Canterbury Bulldogs and the South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium on April 14, 2017 in Sydney, Australia.

7. moto748

moto748 Well-Known Member

C & p comments I made yesterday on a Wigan fans site (Wigan fans obviously taking an extra interest in the Bunnies with Madge being a ex Wigan coach):

For my sins, I've just been watching the Bulldogs/Rabbitohs game. Well there's been plenty of criticism on here of Wigan's last tackle options of late, but Madge's men are a match for any for grim predictability. Their motto seems to be, keep repeating the same old tired plays in attack, The Bulldogs' defence handles it with ease, so what do they do? They just keep doing it. :(

Saying that, the Dogs weren't much better for most of the game, until they awoke from their slumber in the last 20. I think it says a lot when the best player on the pitch is Josh Reynolds; hardly the most creative of halves, but a 100 per center who never lacks for effort or will to win. Maybe I shouldn't expect too much from two sides who I have always regarded as some of the dullest in the NRL, but 36000 people paid a lot of money to watch this. I guess Dogs fans will go home happy, but I sometimes wonder how long Maguire will last if these performances continue.

A reminder, if one were needed, that for all many English fans laud the NRL as vastly superior to our own comp, they can often show a lack of ideas in attack which makes for a very hard watch.

TerryGaines likes this.
  8. TerryGaines

For a really top NRL game, try setting two Queensland teams against each other.

With little confidence, I tipped a Souths win as their run-on team was unchanged from the 17 that piped the Pennies last week and they have a heavy hitting forward pack.

I regret picking Souths as, depending on what happens tomorrow, the best my tips will make this week is seven from eight.

upload_2017-4-16_23-46-58.png

9. moto748

moto748 Well-Known Member

Yes, Souths have the heavy hitting pack, but I've seen it before that when the come up against another side who are equally heavy hitting, and they can't steam-roller over their opponents, they lack a Plan B. I seem to recall (might be wrong), a similar outcome last season when they played the Dogs. They have a good strike weapon in Johnston, whom I do rate, but don't manage to get the ball to him in space often enough.

TerryGaines likes this.
  10. TerryGaines

Burgess facing two match ban
    Sat 15 Apr, 2017, 2:40pm
    ‌‌‌NRL.com
    [​IMG]
    Sam Burgess is facing a two match ban for a shoulder charge. Credit: Nathan Hopkins. Copyright: NRL Photos.
    South Sydney forward Sam Burgess is facing a two match suspension for a shoulder charge after he was cited by the NRL match review committee on Saturday.

Burgess was slapped with a grade 1 shoulder charge on Greg Eastwood in the Rabbitohs 24-9 loss to the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium on Friday afternoon.

Burgess will miss two matches unless he successfully fights the charge at the NRL judiciary.

[​IMG]