Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

Team List Round 8 COWBOYS VS EELS 32-16

Discussion in 'North Queensland Cowboys' started by TerryGaines, Apr 20, 2016.

1. TerryGaines

TerryGaines Voider of Warranties

7.30pm Saturday at 1300 Smiles Stadium

[​IMG]
    1 Lachlan Coote
    2 Kyle Feldt
    3 Justin O’Neill
    4 Kane Linnett
    5 Antonio Winterstein
    6 Michael Morgan
    7 Johnathan Thurston
    8 Matt Scott
    9 Jake Granville
    10 James Tamou
    11 Gavin Cooper
    12 Ethan Lowe
    13 Jason Taumalolo.

Interchange: 14 Rory Kostjasyn 15 Patrick Kaufusi 16 Scott Bolton 17 Ben Hannant

Ins: None

Outs: None

Other unavailables: Ray Thompson (Broken leg, Round 10)

[​IMG]
    1 Michael Gordon
    2 Semi Radradra
    3 Michael Jennings
    4 Brad Takairangi
    5 Clinton Gutherson
    6 Corey Norman
    7 Kieran Foran
    8 Junior Paulo
    9 Nathan Peats
    10 Daniel Alvaro
    11 Manu Ma’u 12 Beau Scott
    13 Tepai Moeroa.

Interchange: 14 Isaac De Gois 15 Peni Terepo 16 Danny Wicks 17 Kenny Edwards

Ins: None

Outs: None

Other unavailables: Matt Woods (Hamstring, Round 9), Luke Kelly (ACL, Season), Bevan French (Elbow, Round 10), Anthony Watmough (Knee, Indefinite), Tim Mannah (Shoulder, Round 9)

2. TerryGaines

Really impressed with this year's crop of Eels, but now it's their turn to become Cow cannon fodder.

3. TerryGaines

Wonderful footy. Everyone put in with Eels rising to the occasion.

Loved the long range tries. :)

Cows sealed this game with 2 tries while Parra had one in the bin, so a very good game from Parra.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  4. stanleyg

stanleyg Well-Known Member

Sad to see such a competitive game end that way but its about time the Refs took firm action against professional foul and penalty givers near their own line.
    The eel player probably thought the worst that would occur was a penalty and loss of two points or the opportunity to rest their defensive line.
    Using the sin bin was a good call but the question is will other refs use it for those that give away blatant penalties to stop an attack near their line.

TerryGaines likes this.
  5. S J

S J Mod Squad Staff Member

Neither side will be in the GF so it doesn't matter really ... ;)

6. TerryGaines

If Parra are docked 6 or 8 points, couldn't they can still play their way into the top eight if they keep up this form?

My understanding is that this Parra team are going to be docked due to the 3rd party infractions of previous teams.

Docking points is one of the few remedies available, but it's saddening in a way, because those previous Parra teams were little more than Spoon bait.

7. S J

They should be docked a minimum of 20+. The precedent has been set with Melbourne and Canterbury. Melbourne played for no points each game. Cheats are cheats. They stop other teams from what they deserve.

Good example when Melbourne beat Manly in a GF with a side they had cheated to get. Also when Parra lost in 2009. Its no different to someone in the Olympics taking drugs and preventing another "clean' athlete their right to win fairly.

They also prevented another team - perhaps - from making the 8 in the years they cheated.

Do we feel sorry for the Russians/East Germans ? Or the cyclists who cheated - Armstrong ? It's the same thing. I feel sorry for the ones who lost their chance at winning fairly - and getting their glory at the time.

We should set the rule - and enforce them !

I also had no issues with the binning of Norman. He deserved it.

8. TerryGaines

Thanks SJ. All good points. Cheats are cheats.

Can we agree though that Melbourne, by keeping a completely separate set of books under the table for three years, was on a whole different level of cheating to 3rd party deals?

The Storm should have been dissolved out of the comp for good (possibly to re-emerge later as the Melbourne Bears ;) who knows).

Old Melbourne cheated their way to the top. By contrast old Parra cheated their way to the bottom. The victims of old Para's cheating seem to be just the Parra fans.

Given that members of the New Parra team, Foran in particular, have clean hands, a less clumsy punishment is needed.

Handout a few life bans to Parra officials, player managers and players.

I join you in calling for Parra to be punished, and in full public view, but I also want the punishment to fall squarely on the guilty.

The Norman decision was a good one, even better if we see it consistently applied throughout the season.

9. stanleyg

stanleyg Well-Known Member

Its a can of worms isn't it?.
    If the eels are found guilty the only real difference between the clubs would be Parra cheated their way to the bottom before becoming competitive this season.
    The storm were at the top and cheated to stay there.
    I am sure there were players at the storm with "clean hands" but they were included in a club punishment by virtue of being at that club when punishment was handed down.
    The same thing should apply to the eels should they be guilty or the lawyers will be getting rich for years off clients who think they are "clean handed".
    If you start getting selective especially if its a joint venture that cheats can you imagine the blame game between the two factions in each club or they could blame it all on Jason taylor at the tigpies.

10. S J

Its a funny thing too. Indirectly it might cost a coach his job - as his team fails because of players he can't get and a cheating club gets them. A bit of a stretch I know - but the point is there :)

The penalty must fall on them all - team, Club and Directors. Maybe then the fans might get annoyed enough to vote the directors etc out. Maybe also not allow the footie clubs to be tied so closely to the League's Clubs now ? It is very incestuous.

You're right in a sense TG about Melbourne - but I have doubts that players and coaches don't know what's going on. I think even if I coached a team I'd be aware I had a squad well above others. I could bury my head - and say - its not my concern - but not to appreciate the players you have would be a hard one. Or do they think - wow - I'm lucky ... :)

And the players must wonder how they get the boat or car - even if they're told its OK. They all know about the Cap - and the rules.

But - it is these 3rd party deals that make a mockery of the Cap. The Thoroughbreds in Brisbane are a group I'd like to know more about. And I see Foran is now suing Manly for 3rd party deals he didn't get !

If the 3rd party deals are not meant to be a Club issue - ie the 3rd party is not connected to the Club in any way - why would the Club be responsible for their payments ?