Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

News Saints - New Signings and Departures !

Discussion in 'St George-Illawarra Dragons' started by S J, Apr 19, 2013.

1. S J

S J Guest

Only real signings please. Keep the gossip - stories etc to the other thread. This includes Rangi for now.

2. S J

S J Guest

The St George Illawarra Dragons have today announced that England International Gareth Widdop has agreed to a four-year contract that will see him join the Club from next season until at least the end of the 2017 season.

The St George Illawarra Dragons have today announced that Joel Thompson has agreed to a three-year contract that will see him join the Club from next season until at least the end of the 2016 season.

Also - Sowie to Penrith.

3. Saint Anger

Saint Anger Guest

Joel Thompson

4. S J

S J Guest

Hi Stanger ! I can see JT playing in the centres - maybe Coops spot.

We have some good tough forwards.

5. S J

S J Mod Squad Staff Member

Steve Price signed again for 1 + years.

6. S J

St George Illawarra have confirmed the signing of English prop Mike Cooper on a two-year deal starting next NRL season.

Cooper will continue the English invasion of the NRL, his signing coming hot on the heels of Parramatta recruiting UK-based duo Gareth Hock and Lee Mossop.

The Dragons agreed to a release fee with Super League club Warrington Wolves to sign the 24-year-old, who had been under contract to the Wolves through to the end of the 2014 season.

"It's something I've always wanted to do since the age of 16," Cooper said in a statement released by the Dragons.

"Being a Warrington lad I'm very proud to have been a part of what the club has achieved over the last couple seasons with the recent success in the Challenge Cup and in reaching the grand final.

"The next step for me is to test myself in Australia and gain some experience.

"I'm fully aware it's going to be big learning curve for me; I'll be back at square one again really but it's something that really excites me."

Read more:
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z2RwEZ8ET0

7. maroubranos

maroubranos Member

Exactly what we need, a big strong mobile backrower, imo.

8. S J

Yes. We have a good pack - but they lack something.

9. S J

The St George Illawarra Dragons have today announced the re-signing of NRL and NYC Captains Ben Creagh and Craig Garvey.
    Creagh, 28 has resigned for two years, with the option of a third and Garvey, 20, has signed a two-year contract with both remaining at the club at least until the end of 2015.

Creagh, a local junior from the University of Wollongong club, made his first-grade debut for the Dragons against the New Zealand Warriors in round 22 of the 2003 season and has played 207 NRL games to date.

The representative forward is delighted by the opportunity to remain with his childhood Club as well as continuing to wear the famous Red V jersey.

10. Muppet

Muppet Global Moderator Staff Member

I like Ben Creagh. Very hard, tough player who really leads by example. A very no nonsense type.

11. S J

Yes - good Captain. He is used too often as a battering ram. I'd like to see him go back to the wide runner who scores tries.

12. Knitey

Knitey Member

13. S J

Yes - well sought out and good buy.

14. S J

Josh Dugan signs for 2013. The St George Illawarra Dragons have officially signed representative fullback Josh Dugan, who celebrates his 23rd birthday today, for the remainder of the 2013 season.

“I am extremely appreciative of the opportunity that the Dragons and NRL have provided me and I am really excited about the next chapter of my career,” said Dugan.

“I am really keen to get back to training, in a team environment and do whatever it takes to get back out on off field.

“I have played with a few of the Dragons boys before and am keen to meet the others and play my part in the team.

I grew up a Dragons fan, my whole family supports the Dragons and I am well aware of the pride and history associated with the Club and what the Club expects from me.”

There's a little Dragon in all of us ... :)

15. Saint Anger

Saint Anger Member

This was soooo unexpected ! ;)

16. stanleyg

stanleyg Well-Known Member

He could prove to be an asset if the NRL clears him and he comes to the club to play and not play around:watching: especially with the Dragons mounting injury list.

17. S J

Yes - he's here to play.

18. Muppet

Muppet Global Moderator Staff Member

Dugan could play for Dragons this weekend

Josh Dugan is set to make his return to the NRL this weekend after the troubled star signed with St George Illawarra on Friday.
    The Dragons meet Gold Coast at Skilled Park on Sunday and coach Steve Price indicated he was preparing to include Dugan in his side.
    He is a real talent and of all the meetings I have had with Josh he is a 10 out of 10 bloke.​
    ‘‘We will have our captain’s run tomorrow before we go to the Gold Coast tomorrow and I will make a decision then ... I’m not writing it off,’’ Price said.
    ‘‘I just have to get a gauge on where Josh is at. He is in a really good head space. He has been training behind the scenes on his own.‘‘I’ll have a look at him tomorrow and make a decision then.’’
    Price said the Dragons were not taking a risk signing Dugan on a deal until the end of the year after he was sacked by Canberra in March for a series of discipline breaches.
    ‘‘He is a real talent and of all the meetings I have had with Josh he is a 10 out of 10 bloke. Everybody makes mistakes and Josh made one of those and he deserves a second chance,’’ Price said.
    Dugan expressed remorse over his acrimonious departure from Canberra and said he was grateful to be given a new lease of life with the Dragons.
    ‘‘It’s relief ... and I’m just excited about the opportunity and to be given a second chance,’’ Dugan said.
    ‘‘I have had a lot of time to think about how things went down and I probably could have done things a little better.
    ‘‘But in saying that, I’m very thankful for the time I have had at the Raiders and I’m very thankful for the opportunity the Dragons have given me.’’

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/dugan-could-play-for-dragons-this-weekend-20130510-2jc5k.html#ixzz2SrhfNi7Y

19. S J

He's a bit like Mick Weyman -a local junior really - played in Canberra and family mad Saints fans. So its only natural ... ;)

20. Knitey

Knitey Member

They get rid of one baby in Soward and are now stuck with another one in Dugan.

TerryG likes this.