Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

Rumour Saints - News, Rumours and Gossip ?

Discussion in 'St George-Illawarra Dragons' started by S J, Apr 5, 2013.

1. S J

S J Guest

Good spot for rumours and gossip etc.

Dugan might be Number 1 rumour ... :)

2. Rumor is that Mick Weyman and Jamie Soward are heading to the Warriors mid season :D

3. S J

S J Guest

It says rumours and gossip NU - not crazy talk ... :mock:

4. Fair point, i'll rayne in my wishful thinking.

5. Saint Anger

Saint Anger Guest

This Dugan rumor just won't go away

6. Where there's smoke there's fire?

7. Saint Anger

Saint Anger Guest

Yeah I know...and since the Donkeys pulled out of the race the spotlight is back on us. I don't mind him as a player, but 600k is just too excessive, maybe half that is his worth now after its been revealed he is a bit of a tool in his personal life.

8. S J

S J Guest

Not just him either.

There is a thought to clean out a couple at KO and buy in a few - one notable is Carney from the Sharks. And Thompson from Canberra.

Plus another I can't mention yet ... ;)

9. Saint Anger

Saint Anger Guest

oh pleeeze :punish: spit it out

10. S J

S J Guest

St George Illawarra could send a SOS for Josh Dugan after fullback Gerard Beale ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament for the third time in the Dragons' 19-16 win against Newcastle on Sunday afternoon. Beale limped from the field after a twisting injury to his left knee when his foot got caught in the Jubilee Oval turf in the 47th minute.

Beale will miss the rest of the season after leaving WIN Jubilee Oval on crutches.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z2PuQ0XEHh

11. Knitey

Knitey Guest

Do you think you'll snare him Jack?

12. maroubranos

maroubranos Guest

Considering we have some potentially very good young FB's lurking, wouldn't it be the preferred option to give these blokes an opportunity than spending huge $$ on Dugan - we are in a rebuilding phase anyway. We could lose many young players otherwise while Dugan is no certainty to remain injury free anyway considering his time on the sideline with Canberra.

13. S J

S J Guest

Hard to say.

As M says - we do have Cummins who is a top young bloke. But he's just back from injury too.

14. S J

S J Guest

But - in saying that I'd go for him. We can use him at 5/8th next year if necessary. We have Cummins and Beale - both good. And one could also play in the halves.

We also have Style - but he's so injury prone you'd always be taking a risk.

15. S J

S J Guest

Can you imagine a St George Illawarra side without that headgear-wearing feisty five-eighth? Dragons fans will shudder at the thought this morning.

But the man himself is under no illusions it very well might happen even after Jamie Soward kicked his old mentor Wayne Bennett's Newcastle Knights right back up the F3.

"I'd love to stay here, but I understand the club's positioning," an off-contract Jamie Soward said after the Dragons outgunned Newcastle 19-16 at WIN Jubilee Oval yesterday.

"They've got Kyle Stanley to come back next year and Josh Drinkwater is an up-and-coming half.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/stor ... ns/?cs=302

16. Knitey

Knitey Guest

Bye Soward....don't forget your thermals.....Britain is cold.

17. S J

S J Guest

As is Japan ... :lol:

18. Knitey

Knitey Guest

Yes...I read somewhere that Japan was an option.....oh wait...DS wrote that. :crazy:

19. maroubranos

maroubranos Guest

Na, I reckon they'll sign him. :friend:

20. Muppet

Muppet Guest

Soward is one of those players, it would be hard to imagine him playing for anyone else. I always thought, he'd finish his career there.