Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

Souths vs Wigan Feb 17

Discussion in 'South Sydney Rabbitohs' started by southsport, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21 Well-Known Member

Can't afford Fox mate.

2. S J

S J Mod Squad Staff Member

Neither can I ... :) But we seem to have it ... I'd love to be able to just get the Stations I want but my wife loves the movies and BBC 1 etc.

One good thing is they have ESPN etc so unlike the USA we get all the cable stations in one.

I'm not sure on the value but we get it through Telstra - "Telstra Velocity". You bundle it all up - phone, mobile, internet, Foxtel. They have an Aussie phone contact site too - so no calls to OS. Its all bundled in some sort of way and supposedly cheaper. It comes via fibre optic cable. I don't fully understand it all but we don't lose the signal in a storm anymore - as you do sometimes with a dish. They also gave me a Dongle - to use when I'm away to get emails etc. Very small memory but useful.

They have kept increasing my download but then gave me unlimited. I don't use much so its one of those gifts I'll never really use. They probably realise that.

Recently gave me the Telstra TV gadget - you can get Netflix etc through it. But also the SBS HD stations. Haven't really used it or signed up for anything - but who knows.

Not having to deal with Foxtel direct is quite a bonus !

But we get everything via the Foxtel Box - even FTA. So we can record it all on the Box - BBL, T20, Nine etc. It does make it easy.

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  3. Rabbits 21

Seems quite complex...

I'm not good with all that kinda stuff

S J likes this.
  4. S J

Talk to Bazz ...

5. Rabbits 21

I might give that one a pass for now lol...

Simple is what I like..

S J likes this.
  6. RADICAL RABBIT

RADICAL RABBIT Well-Known Member

I reckon he'll be our next Nathan Brown, but it might take a while. He is still very young. I usually don't like players getting rushed into first grade, but he is very big, so he might be able to handle it. He was one of the best props in the Under 20's comp last year.

7. southsport

southsport Well-Known Member

They said Johnstone went well before he went off.

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  8. Rabbits 21

Any stats from the game...

9. RADICAL RABBIT

nice!

10. southsport

Seibold update on GI and Reyno:

South Sydney coach Anthony Seibold insists he has no reservations about pulling star duo Greg Inglis and Adam Reynolds from both the team's trials due to injury issues.

Seibold has already ruled Inglis out of warm-up matches against Wigan and St George Illawarra as the captain continues his recovery from a knee reconstruction.

However Reynolds could also be saved until the Rabbitohs' round one match against the Warriors as he remains on ice following a minor ankle complaint a fortnight ago.

"We're not looking to play Greg in the trials," Seibold told AAP on Friday.

"And we'll just see with Adam. He's missed two weeks of work. It's not a whole heap of work that he's missed but I'd rather our whole focus is round one against the Warriors.

"With all due respect to our two trial games, it's about making sure that we have our best team available for round one and both Reyno and Greg are very experienced."

Seibold, who is entering his first season as an NRL head coach, believed Reynolds was primed for a career-best season before his ankle blew up during a camp in Canberra.

However the former NSW State of Origin playmaker isn't in doubt for the season-opener.

"He's had a particularly good pre-season. He's been there day one. He had a bit of hiccup at the AIS camp, just an overload with his plantar fasciitis causing him some dramas," Seibold said.

"He's been in a boot for two weeks but he won't have any issues starting the season proper."

Seibold clarified his cautious approach with Inglis had nothing to do with the depression issues the representative star addressed last season.

The Rabbitohs' March 10 home fixture against the Warriors will be almost exactly one year since Inglis underwent major knee surgery.

"Greg's right at the pointy end of his rehabilitation, so we're certainly not going to rush him back. He's going to be thereabouts at the start of the season," Seibold said.

"But if he needs another week or two or three even, we're not going to put any pressure on him. We'd rather Greg come back a couple of weeks too late and than too early.

"Everyone wants to know what position he's going to play - he's trained at fullback and also trained at left centre over the pre-season. We'll do what's best for Greg and for the team."

SSTID and Rabbits 21 like this.
  11. S J

Will do a Bookie page for this next week.

Good practice for you all.

12. Rabbits 21

Just in general how are your mob $17 to win the comp and our mob are $15??? Like wow.....

13. S J

Yeah - I don't know - but early money from Souths fans maybe. It should be based on the betting.

I always hated it - every year we'd be in the favourites - low odds.

Best year I had was 2010 - took a double Saints - NRL/AFL. Almost got it - 40/1. Bloody St Kilda had the game then it was a draw - then lost the replay GF in Melbourne. I'd had a big win early in the year and put $100 on it - for some silly reason. I really thought I had it at one point ... :)

14. Rabbits 21

Farah to play in the halves against Wigan..

15. southsport

Alongside Doueihi I think.

16. RADICAL RABBIT

Good to see that Reynolds and GI won't be rushed back. It will only make things worse if they play when they're not ready. I still find it baffling that we signed GI and Reynolds on long-term contracts worth a lot of money when they are both so injury prone.

17. Rabbits 21

Correctamundo...

Tracey on the bench I'd say..

Maybe Britain will play a few mins too...

18. RADICAL RABBIT

Any word on Cody's fitness???

19. Rabbits 21

May miss the Charity Shield too...

Definitely out of this one.

20. southsport

Agree, no need for them to play trials.