Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

Auto Poster Wigan Warriors sign forward Gabriel Hamlin from South Sydney Rabbitohs

Discussion in 'News' started by BBC News Articles, Oct 12, 2017.

1. BBC News Articles

BBC News Articles Auto-Poster

Warriors head coach Shaun Wane saw his side whitewashed 32-0 by Wakefield in their final game of the season

Wigan Warriors have signed highly-rated forward Gabriel Hamlin from South Sydney Rabbitohs.

The 20-year-old was recommended to Wigan by contacts in Australia.

Warriors head coach Shaun Wane said: " We are always on the lookout for talented players with a good attitude and a real determination to improve.

"We all believe that Gabriel is a talented forward who can really fulfil his potential here at Wigan. We can't wait to have him join us."

Hamlin, who has made 47 appearances for the Rabbitohs' Under-20s side and can play as a prop or loose forward, will join up with his new team-mates when pre-season begins in November.

"I'm really excited about joining Wigan and I'm flattered that they think me worthy of this opportunity. I intend making the most of this chance," he said.

"I watch Super League regularly and I am prepared for the challenge that awaits."

Wigan finished fifth in the Super League this season and were World Club Challenge winners in February.

Continue reading...